What is Neck Pain?
Pain in the neck region(cervical spine) resulting in loss of function or disability due to stiffness, pain, or weakness.
What are the Common Symptoms associated with Neck Pain?
The common complaints associated with neck pain are:
- Stiffness in the neck, Morning stiffness, Muscle Spasms, Arm Pain/ Shoulder pain, Numbness/ Tingling/ Weakness in arm/ hand
- Difficulty in passing urine or moon and difficulty in walking.
What are the Causes of Neck Pain ?
Neck pain is caused by specific spinal conditions like :
- Slip Disc / Disc Bulge/ Prolapsed Disc/ Protruded Disc/ Extruded Disc/ Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Facet arthris/ Rheumatoid Arthris/ Degenerave Arthris/ Ankylosing Spondylis
- Primary Spinal tumours
- Spinal Metastatic tumors
- Spine Infections
- Spine Tuberculosis / Spine TB/ Kochs Spine
- Spinal Fracture/ Dislocations
- Metabolic causes – Osteomalacia – Vitamin D deficiency; Osteopenia; Osteoporosis
Commonly asked questions about Neck Pain
Can I treat my neck pain with household remedies ?
Most of the neck pain patients shall improve with simple pain management measures. However one should meet a Spine Specialist for spine consultation if your neck pain persists for more than 3 weeks. You must seek immediate attention if you have neck pain with any of the following emergency signs (RED FLAGS)
What are the warning signals that warrant I see a Spine Specialist immediately ?
One should see a Spine Specialist urgently if you have neck pain with any of the following emergency signs (RED FLAGS ):
- Pain radiating to arms /shoulders associated with numbness/weakness
- Pain getting significantly worse
- Pain affects the everyday activity
- Associated Fever or constitutional symptoms
- Shoulder pain or arm pain and weakness or numbness and night cries
- Imbalance of gait with weakness, tingling & numbness
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
What are the treatment options for neck pain?
There are different options to treat neck pain depending on the severity and duration of
They may comprise of one or many of the following:
- Drugs & Medications
- Lifestyle Modifications
- Physiotherapy and Exercises for the neck & shoulders
- Spinal Bracing
- Spinal Injections
- Spine Surgery
People Also Search For:
Best Spine Surgeon in Mumbai | Spine Surgeon at Lilavati | Spine Surgeon in Mumbai | Spine doctor in Bandra | Best Spine Surgeons and Spine Specialists in Mumbai | Disc replacement surgeon in Mumbai | Back Pain Specialist in Mumbai | Neck Pain Doctor in Mumbai | Slip Disc Treatment in Bandra | Spine Specialist in Mumbai | Safe Spine Surgery in Mumbai | Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery in Bandra | Spinal Fusion Surgery in Bandra
FILL IN THE FORM
We Are Open Always 24 hrs | 365 Days
Call: 8657500555 | 8657500666