DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES AVAILABLE
How Are Spinal Problems Diagnosed?
Depending on the symptoms that a patient presents with and the variety of signs elicited on clinical examination your spine specialist may advise tests to arrive at a diagnosis. These investigations help in planning treatment. Some common tests performed are:
♦ X-rays: Plain X-rays can reveal narrowing of the space between two spinal bones, arthritis-like diseases, tumors, infections, narrowing of the spinal canal, fractures, and instability of the spinal column.
♦ MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a non-invasive procedure that can reveal the details of neural (nerve-related) elements, as well as problems with the tendons, ligaments, and soft tissues.
♦ Myelography/CT scanning: This is sometimes used as an alternative to/ or in addition to the MRI.
♦ Electrodiagnostic Studies: Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction velocity (NCV), MEP (Motor Evoke Potentials) & SSEP (Somato-sensory Evoke Potentials) are sometimes used to diagnose/ differentiate the neural cause of numbness, tingling & arm/ leg signs & symptoms.
Center of Excellence in Spine Surgery provides comprehensive Diagnostic Services under one roof at the Lilavati Hospital & Research Center.
• Direct Consultation for Spine Problems
• Online Consultation for Spine problems
• Comprehensive Laboratory tests including VIT D & VIT B12 tests
• X rays — Digital high resolution
• EMG /NCV /MEP/SSEP Neurophysiology services
• DSA — Digital Subtraction Angiography for Spine Tumors
• Spinal Injections
• CT scan for spine — Plain & Contrast
• MRI scan for the spine on 3 Tesla —Plain & Contrast
• PET CT Scan
• Bone Scan
• DXA scan — Bone Mineral Density for Osteoporosis
• Osteoporosis check — QCT scan
• Histopathology and Microbiology Services
• Molecular Studies and Immunohistochemistry for Spine Tumors
• All supportive Investigations for Cardiac and Pulmonary Fitness
When you are advised MRI / Diagnostic Test– our team will help you schedule an appointment, facilitate and expedite the diagnostic test & reports.
FILL IN THE FORM
We Are Open Always 24 hrs | 365 Days
Call: 8657500555 | 8657500666